Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Change Of Pace

Sometimes you have to change what is emphasized in your creative endeavors and that is what I have been doing recently. Mind you, I still love quilting along with other crafts but it was time to re-prioritize what I put my creative efforts into...at least for the summer. And so I decided to take an online art journal workshop with Roxanne Evans Stout at http://rivergardenstudio.typepad.com/

This is the first page I completed from the workshop. Our teacher Roxanne suggested we work on our journals outside. That was precisely the nudge I needed to be motivated to act instead of just think about it. It feels so good to stretch my arty wings again.

And here is the inside of the back cover of my journal. All decorated with a rejected watercolor painting for the back ground and a decorated envelope to keep treasures in.


And lastly, here are a couple of pictures of the garden where I worked on my journal.
Red and white columbine portrayed on the first page of my nature journal.

Wild columbine



2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could draw or paint! Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with everything here Roxanne, your first page with all the painted images and little stories, your inside cover and the peak at your garden. I want to see more!!
    from the other roxanne...

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to visit. Please visit often and leave your comments. And above all, share my blog with your friends.

A Quick Check In

Our lifestyle has changed since my husband of nearly 50 years had a serious stroke in May 20019. No more running out for groceries when I wa...