Sunday, October 6, 2013

Back In The Saddle Again!

Finally I'm back ! I remember this song from when I was a little girl and I kept humming it all week while contemplating returning to my first blog. I was big on cowboy TV shows when I was in my 'little girl' stage of life. You know...Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Sky King, etc. I even had a cowgirl outfit I dressed up in.
I admit I've been very neglectful here since my last post in July. So what have I been doing with my time since then?
   1. Somewhat tending a dismal garden... awful weather this year, not much of a harvest. However, I was successful with growing garlic and I managed to can 14 pints of carrots again this year.
  2. I took some free online art classes and made a new friend from those classes who lives about 5 miles from me. We meet for coffee every week and share our new artwork with each other. I'm working on a piece I will show you in my next posting.
  3, I'm still quilting and managing our quilt guild's blog, twilightstitchers92.blogspot.com 
Here are three of the blocks I made for this years guild project. Each member has chosen a block pattern to share with the others and when the quilt is completed members will have a treasure to remember our quilting sisters by.


 4. I blog once a week on my other blog asweetsavor.blogspot.com
 5. I did get a chance to do a little hiking on a local trail, Great Bear Springs.


 In the coming days I will be back to posting on a regular basis, hopefully every week. It's all a matter of getting my priorities in proper order. I'll be back soon!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had a nuce summer break. I love those quilt blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to visit. Please visit often and leave your comments. And above all, share my blog with your friends.

A Quick Check In

Our lifestyle has changed since my husband of nearly 50 years had a serious stroke in May 20019. No more running out for groceries when I wa...