Sunday, August 20, 2017

What A Month

I was going to title this post 'what a week' but I haven't posted in over a month, er the title stands.

So, you ask, what have I been doing? Let's see:
   1) Studied for my finals for my Bible college class. Took the final...made a stupid mistake and only got 99.68%. God is keeping me humble, I guess.
   2) Went sketching with a friend on Wednesdays. Last week we sketched at a local public fishing hole.





   3) Tried to help hubby get his garden tractor unstuck from the mud more than once. Went down in the mud on my knees 2 or 3 times this last time...Very undignified! Gave up and he got it unstuck himself.
   4) Finished piecing another quilt top. I must have been mad to try this one. It required 3 L-shaped set in seams. Auugh! But the good thing is that I got those seams right the first time and didn't have to tear them out and do them again. Victory! Will put it on the quilting frame to work on this winter.
   5) Also started to do some art with pastels. Lots of fun. I'll share some in the future. Haven't taken photos of  them yet.
   6) And of course, blocks for another quilt top are on my desk.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I could draw or sketch! That talent totally escapes me. So I'm a photographer instead. Your fishing hole looks like a great place for any type of art. Love the quilt!! And it's good to see you hanging around blogland. If a person wanted to attempt sketching, what type of pencils would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to visit. Please visit often and leave your comments. And above all, share my blog with your friends.

A Quick Check In

Our lifestyle has changed since my husband of nearly 50 years had a serious stroke in May 20019. No more running out for groceries when I wa...