Monday, February 14, 2011

Waaaa! Missing out on my quilt guild meeting

Okay. I admit I'm being pouty (lips protruding). Our quilt guild meets twice a month and, since the last meeting was canceled due to bad weather, I was looking forward to tonight's meeting. But, lo and behold, our driveway is partially melted and just soft enough to make it hard to negotiate. I just don't want to get stuck trying to go out so poor me, I'll just have to wait for the next meeting. I've finished a wall hanging that I made for a friend who just bought a new-to-her house and I wanted to share with the other members. So I'll share it tonight with you and wait to share it with the guild at the next meeting. The really sad thing is that she told me she likes blue but not pink. LOL! So this one will likely be sold and I'll give her one from my stash...Blue birdhouses. Sorry, I don't have a picture to share with you.

But, looking on the bright side, a small group from the guild meet at each others' house one afternoon a month and tomorrow is the next meeting. The driveway will definitely be frozen firm (single digits tonight) enough to manage the trip out. You think that a driveway shouldn't be that hard to deal with but ours is 350 feet long! Oh, the country life. Haha!





 Here's another one in progress to share with you. The pinwheel blocks were a quilt guild exchange. there weren't enough of them to make half of a quilt so I added my own four patch blocks. But it still wasn't big enough so...a four inch muslin border and another row of pinwheel and four patch blocks for the border. It's big enough for a twin bed now and altogether it makes for an interesting pattern. I'm very pleased with the effect. Now to quilt it. Won't be tomorrow...going to the quilting group! Think I'll take some handwork to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice of you to visit. Please visit often and leave your comments. And above all, share my blog with your friends.

A Quick Check In

Our lifestyle has changed since my husband of nearly 50 years had a serious stroke in May 20019. No more running out for groceries when I wa...