Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday! Yeah!

I just can't believe another week has past. If it wasn't for One Flower Wednesday, life would be distracting enough to make me forget blogging. It's summertime and the garden is weedy. Bet you can't guess where I've been can you? Last week was hot and dry and every morning I schlepped water out to the tomato plants. Yesterday we had a couple of good rainstorms but, would you believe, the garden soil is dry and dusty today? What? Don't tell me it rained everywhere but on the veggie garden. Not possible. More rain is expected tomorrow. Let's hope so.


On to a higher note: the latest edition to my flower garden. You likey? Hmmm. I think I've been in the sun too long. I seem to be getting punchy. Must be in rare form.


As for what else I'm doing: My quilt guild's group project this year is the underground railroad quilt. Each month we are given the pattern for a block to complete. When we have completed 12 different blocks in the fabrics of our choice, we will each assemble them into a quilt for ourselves. I think I like this particular project. This is our first block, the churn dash or monkey wrench.

6 comments:

  1. Your bloom is pretty & i love the churn dash block. Happy Stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likey!!! And, I need rain too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice flower. You won't believe that in the Netherlands we woul'd like some dry day's because here the summer is a wet one :-(
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very nice project that your guild is having. Any chance you can post the pattern and directions for each block, each month. It would be great if some of the ladies in our group could join in. I'll ask them. What do you think?
    Fondly, Etty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden Roxanne, stay cool, and I hope it rains on your vegie garden soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea of a specific day for making a flower.... I am working on my first hexagons... they can be rather addicting! I love having something that I can carry with me.

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to visit. Please visit often and leave your comments. And above all, share my blog with your friends.

A Quick Check In

Our lifestyle has changed since my husband of nearly 50 years had a serious stroke in May 20019. No more running out for groceries when I wa...