Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Gonna Be A Hot One!

The weatherman predicted temperatures up to 98 degrees today. Whew! I was outside tying up more tomato plants at 6:30 this morning to beat the heat. Watered the rhubarb and came inside escaping from the flies and mosquitoes. Then it was an omelet for breakfast and on to the computer to check out my email and the blogs I follow. I was planning to go to our local nature park with the grandchildren but rescheduled our visit until tomorrow when the temperature will be more bearable. We don't want Gramma to be hauled away for heat exhaustion do we. Today I'll stay inside and finish up my SAHR with the binding and take a picture of it for my next post.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, so they say, I purchased a fig tree from a local nursery this spring. It's sitting on my front landing and producing figs already. This fall it will go dormant and I'll insulated it well and store it our unheated shed until next spring. At last count I have 7 little figgies on it. LOL


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Roxanne! Just found your delightful blog,(now following!) and yes indeed it was a hot one! Temp of 103 forecast for us tomorrow...
    So nice to meet another arty soul!
    Keep cool!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice of you to visit. Please visit often and leave your comments. And above all, share my blog with your friends.

A Quick Check In

Our lifestyle has changed since my husband of nearly 50 years had a serious stroke in May 20019. No more running out for groceries when I wa...